Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Football Superstar and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on June 26th. 6 years together.
Only 6 years?! It seems longer- as if our past passed - as if we never even had a past marriage.
I guess that's what a good solid relationship can do to a gal.....oh, don't get me wrong- our marriage is not a box of Godiva chocolates every day- but it certainly is an assortment of Hershey's chocolates!

As I sit here and type this post, Heidi Mae remember the little puppy that started it all sits by my feet snoring. She just watched her favorite family member walk out the door to head in to work.
She watched until his car drove down the stone drive, down to the back road until the car reached the stop sign. She could no longer see the car. I know I couldn't, but that doesn't mean my husbands faithful furbaby couldn't sense her "daddy" was not yet too far for her to stay and keep a sharp hawks eye-waiting. for what? would he turn around?
After five minutes or so.....she returned to her cozy spot- next to her littlest family member- Apple Cheeks. the one she protects

I shake my head and smile at this furbaby. She has no idea what she caused 6 years ago. This GSD born in New York was to return to her roots before she entered her 1st year of doggy-hood. But she and her human momma fell head over heals or make that paws for a man who we are now celebrating not only anniversaries with....but birthdays, holidays and growth.

I think Heidi deserves some extra lovin' today.

Happy Anniversary Baby....... got you on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment